Released on 07/04/2019
A patient with depression has an embarrassing problem. Can you help?
Key Learning Points
- Erectile dysfunction and antidepressant use
1. KENNEDY SH, RIZVI S. Sexual dysfunction, depression, and the impact of antidepressants. J Clin Psychopharmacol [online] 2009 Apr, 29(2):157-64 [viewed 20 July 2016] Available from: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19512977
2. HIGGINS A, NASH M, LYNCH AM. Antidepressant-associated sexual dysfunction: impact, effects, and treatment Drug Healthc Patient Saf [online] 2010 Sep 9:141-150 [viewed 21 July 2016] Available from: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3108697
3. CLAYTON AH, CROFT HA, HANDIWALA L. Antidepressants and sexual dysfunction: mechanisms and clinical implications. Postgrad Med [online] 2014 Mar, 126(2):91-9 [viewed 22 July 2016] Available from: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24685972
4. WARNER CH, BOBO W, WARNER C, REID S, RACHAL J. Antidepressant discontinuation syndrome. Am Fam Physician [online] 2006 Aug 1, 74(3):449-56 [viewed 22 July 2016] Available from: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16913164