Released on 08/02/2017
Every doctor knows what Neurofibromatosis is. But are you aware of the intricacies of treatment?
Key Learning Points
- Cafe au lait macules
- Cutaneous neurofibromas
- Diagnosis of NF-1
- Evaluation of Optic Glioma's in NF-1
- Management of Cutaneous Neurofibromas
- Neurofibromatosis (NF)
- The assessment and clinical findings of children with NF-1.
- Van Recklinghausen's disease (NF-1)
1. GHALAYANI P, SABERI Z, SARDARI F. Neurofibromatosis type I (von Recklinghausen's disease): A family case report and literature review Dent Res J (Isfahan) [online] 2012 Jul-Aug, 9(4):483-488 [viewed 26 June 2016] Available from: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3491339
2. HIRBE ANGELA C, GUTMANN DAVID H. Neurofibromatosis type 1: a multidisciplinary approach to care. The Lancet Neurology [online] 2014 August, 13(8):834-843 [viewed 26 June 2016] Available from: doi:10.1016/S1474-4422(14)70063-8
3. FERNER RE, HUSON SM, THOMAS N, MOSS C, WILLSHAW H, EVANS DG, UPADHYAYA M, TOWERS R, GLEESON M, STEIGER C, KIRBY A. Guidelines for the diagnosis and management of individuals with neurofibromatosis 1 J Med Genet [online] 2006 Nov 14, 44(2):81-88 [viewed 26 June 2016] Available from: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2598063
4. STULBERG DL, CLARK N, TOVEY D. Common hyperpigmentation disorders in adults: Part I. Diagnostic approach, café au lait macules, diffuse hyperpigmentation, sun exposure, and phototoxic reactions. Am Fam Physician [online] 2003 Nov 15, 68(10):1955-60 [viewed 26 June 2016] Available from: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14655804
5. LUBS ML, BAUER MS, FORMAS ME, DJOKIC B. Lisch nodules in neurofibromatosis type 1. N Engl J Med [online] 1991 May 2, 324(18):1264-6 [viewed 26 June 2016] Available from: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1901624