Problema de Barriga
Lançando em 05/06/2014
Jason se apresenta com uma massa em sua fossa ilíaca direita. Qual exame de imagem você fará? Você precisa realizar uma apendicectomia neste momento?
Pontos Importantes do Aprendizado
- Exame de Imagem Preliminar
1. ANDERSSON RE, PETZOLD MG.Nonsurgical Treatment of Appendiceal Abscess or Phlegmon. Annals of Surgery [onlive]. 2007, vol. 246, issue 5, s. 741-748 [viewed 28th April 2014]. DOI: 10.1097/SLA.0b013e31811f3f9f
2. DORIA AS, MOINEDDIN R, KEILENBERGER CJ, EPELMAN M,et al.US or CT for Diagnosis of Appendicitis in Children and Adults? A Meta-Analysis. Radiology [online]: Volume 241: Number 1—October 2006 [viewed on 28th April 2014] Available from http://www.emergencyultrasoundteaching.com/assets/articles/Peds_Appy_2006_Doria_Radiology.pdf
3. FRASER JD, AGUAYO P, LEYS CM, KECKLER SJ, et al. A complete course of intravenous antibiotics vs a combination of intravenous and oral antibiotics for perforated appendicitis in children: a prospective, randomized trial. Journal of Pediatric Surgery [online]. 2010, vol. 45, issue 6, s. 1198-1202 [viewed 28th April 2014]. DOI: 10.1016/j.jpedsurg.2010.02.090.
4. HALM BM, EAKIN PJ, FRANKE AA. Diagnosis of Appendicitis by a Pediatric Emergency Medicine Attending using Point-of-Care Ultrasound: A Case Report.Hawaii Med J [Online]. Sep 2010; 69(9): 208-211 [viewed 28th April 2014]. Available from http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3071208/
5. LEE SL,ISLAM S,CASSIDY LD,KECKLER SJ,et al. A complete course of intravenous antibiotics vs a combination of intravenous and oral antibiotics for perforated appendicitis in children: a prospective, randomized trial. Journal of Pediatric Surgery [online]. 2010, vol. 45, issue 11, s. 1198-1202 [viewed 28th April 2014]. DOI: 10.1016/j.jpedsurg.2010.06.038.
6. OWEN A, MOORE O, MARVEN S, ROBERTS J,et al. Interval Laparoscopic Appendectomy in Children: an American Pediatric Surgical Association Outcomes and Clinical Trials Committee Systematic Review. Journal of Laparoendoscopic. 2006, vol. 16, issue 3, s. 308-311. DOI: 10.1089/lap.2006.16.308.
7. PENA BMG, MANDL KD, KRAUS SJ, FISCHER AC, et al. Ultrasonography and Limited Computed Tomography in the Diagnosis and Management of Appendicitis in Children. JAMA [online]. 1999;282(11):1041-1046 [viewed on 28th April 2014]. Available from doi:10.1001/jama.282.11.1041.
8. PENA BMG, TAYLOR GA, FISHMAN SJ, MANDL KD.Effect of an imaging protocol on clinical outcomes among pediatric patients with appendicitis.PEDIATRICS [online] Vol. 110 No. 6 December 1, 2002 pp. 1088 -1093 [viewed 28th April 2014] Available from http://hinarilogin.research4life.org/uniquesigpediatrics.aappublications.org/uniquesig0/content/110/6/1088.long
9. SIVIT CJ, APPLEGATE KE, STALLION A, DUDGEON DL,et al. Imaging Evaluation of Suspected Appendicitis in a Pediatric Population
Effectiveness of Sonography Versus CT.American Journal of Roentgenology [online]. 2000;175: 977-980 [viewed 28th April 2014].Available from http://www.ajronline.org/doi/full/10.2214/ajr.175.4.1750977
10. TAYLOR GA. Suspected Appendicitis in Children: In Search of the Single Best Diagnostic Test Radiology [Online] 2004; 231:293-295 [viewed on 28th April 2014] Available from http://pubs.rsna.org/doi/pdf/10.1148/radiol.2312032041
11. WEBER TR, KELLER MA,BOWER RJ, SPINNER G, et al. Is delayed operative treatment worth the trouble with perforated appendicitis is children?: an American Pediatric Surgical Association Outcomes and Clinical Trials Committee Systematic Review. The American Journal of Surgery. 2003, vol. 186, issue 6, s. 685-689. DOI: 10.1016/j.amjsurg.2003.08.027